[Xymon] Bug? - files test but no graphs?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 16:45:53 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 16:41 +0000, John Horne wrote:

> My first question is should the 'files' test be producing some sort of
> graph?

Yes it can do.

> It seems that by default the TEST2RRD and GRAPHS variables in
> xymonserver.cfg contain the 'files' test name, and so Xymon expects
> there to be some sort of graph. Taking out the 'files' entry from these
> variables, and the little icon disappears :-) So possibly this is a bug
> in xymonserver.cfg as supplied in the source code.

It's not a bug.

The TRACK option in the analysis.cfg file can be used to cause graphs to
be produced for tests such as 'files' and 'procs'.

To display the icon only when graphs exist will require a bit more work.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001