[Xymon] XYMWEBHIKEY question redux

James Louis jglouisjr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:52:29 CEST 2012

My mistake. I'm using NAME:blah.blah

10.200.0.75   xymon.peoplenetonline.com      # NAME:xymon bbd
http://xymon.peoplenetonline.com/

So my trends page when I ask for a change in Trends period returns this URL:

http://xymon.peoplenetonline.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=xymon&SERVICE=trends&backdays=2&backhours=&backmins=&backsecs=&FROMTIME=&TOTIME=

I can manually change HOST=xymon.peoplenetonline.com in the URL and it
returns correctly.

My understanding from previous searching is that HOST is using the short
name of the server because I'm using the NAME option in hosts.cfg. I'm
asking if there is a setting to ignore the NAME option when changing the
Trends period.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Jim