[Xymon] installation - configure -rrdtool not found

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed Jun 6 21:10:14 CEST 2012

Thanks to all.

Had to add a repository for the SDK DVD.  Then I could find the stuff I needed.  Had to attempt configure a couple of times and add more dev stuff.

Saw lots of "signedness" messages, but all steps completed without fatal error.

The basics are up and running.

joe a.

>>> "Benjamin P. August" <baugust at stanford.edu> 06/06/12 2:01 PM >>>
Granted, this is on my OpenSUSE 12.1 box, but:

sudo zypper search rrdtool
root's password:
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                 | Summary                                     | Type
  | lighttpd-mod_rrdtool | Lighttpd module to feed rrdtool databases   | package
  | lua-rrdtool          | Lua bindings for rrdtool                    | package
  | python-rrdtool       | Python bindings for rrdtool                 | package
  | rrdtool              | A tool for data logging and analysis        | package
  | rrdtool-devel        | A tool for data logging and analysis - De-> | package
  | tcl-rrdtool          | Tcl bindings for rrdtool                    | package

rrdtool-devel is the one you want.