[Xymon] SOAP test

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 26 16:46:49 CEST 2012

On 24-07-2012 16:22, Mario Andre Panza wrote:
> I need to monitor some soap URLs and I´m not getting success on it.
> Does someone know how to create the request xml file for the SOAP test
> in xymon?

It depends on the application you're monitoring. The content of the XML
document is specific to the application, since it is the application
that will interpret the XML. So talk to your apps-team, or the vendor
who sold you the application.

Worst case, do a network trace of the traffic to the application.

> Is there someone here who has a sample soap test to share?

Here's one I use, BUT: The XML is application specific, so you cannot
just use this and expect it to work:

The XML document, stored in /etc/xymon/soap/crud-echo.xml :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:crud="http://myapp.myorg.example.com">
    <soapenv:Header/>