[Xymon] disk graphs after a Solaris live_upgrade

Roland Soderstrom Rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Thu Jul 26 01:20:52 CEST 2012

After patching Solaris 10 using liveupgrade we get all the /.alt directories in the disk data graphs.
Obviously they are in the RRD data file now, but totally redundant.
All the graphs are messed up now.
After patching was done and all these extra /.alt filesystems (one for each Zone, and we had 10) was unmounted
The disk page looks normal again at the top, the df output.
But all the graphs are messed up only the root fs and a data fs shows up in the graphs.
We get all these non existing /.alt filesystems in the graphs and we are missing the original ones.

Is there a way of getting it back to normal without destroying historical data?

Maybe some fancy rrd command?

And is there a way of preventing this for future liveupgrades?

-          Roland