[Xymon] Xymon version 4.3.9 now available

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:08:45 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> On 25-07-2012 01:18, Roland Soderstrom wrote:
>
>> Got some problem compiling 4.3.8 and now 4.3.9 same problem.
>> Using Solaris 10 x86 32bit
>>
>> MAKE=gmake ./configure.server --rrdinclude /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/**include
>> --rrdlib /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib
>> (also tried without the rrd directives)
>> And then I get
>> Checking for RRDtool ...
>> Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
>> Compiling with RRDtool works OK
>> ERROR: Linking with RRDtool fails
>> RRDtool include- or library-files not found.
>> These are REQUIRED for trend-graph support in Xymon, but Xymon can
>> be built without them (e.g. for a network-probe only installation.
>>
>> root at pxym01:/var/tmp/xymon-4.**3.9# pkginfo -l SMCrrdt
>>     PKGINST:  SMCrrdt
>>

> Very strange. I downloaded the VM image of Solaris 10/x86 and tried
> compiling Xymon after adding some of the Sun Freeware packages. There is
> one problem with the SSL library detection, but nothing with RRDtool. You
> can see the compile-log here: http://henrik.hswn.dk/**solaris10.txt<http://henrik.hswn.dk/solaris10.txt>
>
> Regards,
> Henrik
>
> PS: The SSL issue can be fixed by changing configure.server: The lines
> that read
>
>     if test "$SSLINC" != ""; then
>         echo "SSLINCDIR = -I$SSLINC"     >>Makefile
>     fi
>
> should use $OSSLINC instead of $SSLINC, i.e.
>
>     if test "$OSSLINC" != ""; then
>         echo "SSLINCDIR = -I$OSSLINC"     >>Makefile
>     fi

I just installed it in solaris 10 x86 VM as well. I took slightly different
route, but it compiled pretty clean.

I went with opencsw instead of sunfreeware for my packages.

I tried to stay away from /usr/sfw to avoid risk breaking xymon due to some
solaris patch in the future.

If you run the commands exactly below it should compile fine and your
environment will be under /opt/csw.

Some of the packages below might not be necessary to install, so YMMV

# pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now
(edit the following two files to add /opt/csw/bin and /opt/csw/sbin in PATH
and SUPATH
# vi /etc/default/login
# vi /etc/default/su
(logout and log back again)
# pkgutil -y -i sudo gmake fping gcc4core pcre libpcre_dev rrdtool librrd4
rrdtool_dev openldap_dev openssl_utils libssl_dev libwrap_dev  (all in one
line - it will take a while to finish)
# useradd -m -d /export/home/xymon -c "Xymon Server" -s /bin/bash xymon
# visudo -f /etc/opt/csw/sudoers.d/xymon
(and add this line
xymon ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /opt/csw/sbin/fping)
# export PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin
# gunzip xymon-4.3.9.tar.gz
# tar xvf xymon-4.3.9.tar
# cd xymon-4.3.9
# MAKE=gmake ./configure.server --ssllib /opt/csw/lib --sslinclude
/opt/csw/include/openssl
# gmake

That's all.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu