[Xymon] Why trends column always shown with alerts

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 11:13:16 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 18:07 +0000, Tom Moore wrote:
> Would you want to try the "NOCOLUMNS:trends" option in your hosts.cfg?  The man page doesn't necessarily mention it for usage with trends, but it could work.
>
> If you put this line at the top it will apply globally:
>
> 0.0.0.0 .default. # NOCOLUMNS:trends

Yes, that does work as I used to have it in our hosts.cfg file. However,
I don't want to lose the column completely, I just didn't see why it was
shown when an alert occurred.

Having said that, and looking into a different problem, I noticed that
in the code it explicitly states that the 'trends' and 'info' columns
will be shown when the non-green page is shown. I assume this is so that
if, for example, the CPU hits the roof, then it is possible to look at
the trends graphs to see when it started and what else is going on to
cause the alert.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001