[Xymon] Memory monitoring - capped zone

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jul 24 09:58:23 CEST 2012

On 24-07-2012 05:45, Vernon Everett wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I think I have eventually figured out how we can monitor memory in a
> meaningful way in a capped zone.
> Looking at the "client data" sent to the server, can anybody tell me
> which data are used to calculate the figures, and percentage used for
> memory?

It depends on what operating system is monitored - memory monitoring is
one of the most messy parts of the Xymon client, simply because there is
no standard way of reporting it from the various operating systems.

Look at the OS-specific code in xymond/client/*.c

E.g. on Solaris, it uses the "prtconf" data to determine the amount of
RAM installed, the "memory" data to figure out how much is used, and the
"swap" or "swaplist" data for swap information (depending on what
version of the OS and client is installed).