[Xymon] Question about NO FILES monitoring and PAGE = statement

Don Kuhlman Don.Kuhlman at schawk.com
Mon Jul 23 18:51:16 CEST 2012

Hi folks.  I'm trying to figure out the logic needed to exclude FILES monitoring from hosts defined on a PAGE= statement in alerts.cfg
The analysis.cfg file has "NO FILES" defined at the top, so I thought it would exclude any FILEs from being reported on.

The alerts.cfg file has a PAGE=APPNAME and then an alert defined to send emails to a "APPNAME at company.com" group for any hosts on these pages, so they are getting emails from hosts defined on the "APPNAME" page saying "no files checked"

On one of the apphosts xymon pages, it shows Alerting: and that includes conn, cpu, disk, files, memory, msgs, ports, procs all going to the appname at company.com recipient.

How do I stop the files emails ?

Thanks

Don K