[Xymon] xymongen options.

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Jul 14 12:13:20 CEST 2012

On 10-07-2012 09:38, Neil Simmonds wrote:
> We’ve been looking at ways of just showing reds on the critical systems
> view and I came across the xymongen option “--critical-reds-only”
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to work. My xymongen entry in
> tasks.cfg looks like this,
>
> CMD xymongen $XYMONGENOPTS --report --critical-reds-only
>
> We’re running Xymon 4.3.4 and as far as I can see, this option should
> work in this version.
>
> Has anyone else tried this or had any success with it. We know we can
> change a couple of lines in criticalview.c to get the required result
> but would prefer to keep away from changing the code if possible.

I think you're mixing up the old "Critical view" which is generated
statically (once a minute) by xymongen, with the new "Critical Systems"
view which is the one generated by web/criticalview.c

The new view lets you select what colors to display dynamically, it will
even change the URL so you can bookmark your preferred display.