[Xymon] Load Average threshold - a mathematic rule regarding the number of threads ?

Nicolas LIENARD nicolas at lienard.name
Tue Jan 31 09:47:47 CET 2012

Hello

Our LA rule is currently "LOAD 5 10" but we can't apply this kind of
rule automatically for all our devices anymore.

Indeed, we have more and more devices with many threads.

I'd like to know if people have the same issue because it's very
annoying to override the LOAD when we could automatize it.

For instance we would like to follow this kind of rule:

1 cpu : "LOAD 2 4"

2 cpu : "LOAD 4 8"

2 cpu, 12 threads by cpu (=24 threads in total) : "LOAD 48 96"

We could calculate it with n=`grep -ci process /proc/cpuinfo` and
applying LOAD "n x2" "n x4"

It is possible to have this kind of feature ?

Anybody else is interested by that ?

how do you handle your Load Average threshold ?

CHeers
Nico