[Xymon] [XYMON] New sever with Solaris or Linux

Gautier Begin gbegin at csc.com
Thu Jan 26 08:55:15 CET 2012

Elisabeth,

I'm currently using  XYMON 4.3.0.0 beta without any problem  . The server
is running under a Solaris 10 zone and have about 600 agents (a mix of
Windows -BBWIN-, Linux, AIX and Solaris).

I want to install a new XYMON server (version 4.3.7) in order to validate
a new architecture with more agents (at least 1000 and up to 6000), devmon
module and xymonproxy (to make communicate diff. networks easily).

I can bear on both Solaris and Linux experts (they say, use Ubuntu or
CentOS). But they are discovering the new Solaris 11 that seems to be a
different OS than previous versions.

The test server will be VM (VMware) or a Solaris zone.

We are using VNX SAN disks. I can use Solaris T2000 or T4, or HP device
for VM.

Cordialement, Regards,Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Gautier BEGIN

Admin and Tools Team
CSC Computer Sciences Luxembourg S.A.
12D Impasse Drosbach
L-1882 Luxembourg

Global Outsourcing Service | p:+352 24 834 276 | m:+352 621 229 172 |
gbegin at csc.com | www.csc.com

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose
CSC Computer Sciences SAS • Registered Office: Immeuble Le Balzac, 10
Place des Vosges, 92072 Paris La Défense Cedex, France • Registered in
France: RCS Nanterre B 315 268 664