[Xymon] Can I monitor how many connections are in TIME_WAIT for a specific port

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Jan 25 16:11:04 CET 2012

As I said before, this isn't sufficient.

HP NA is so flakey, that this port test would show whether the port answers in the simple case, but it doesn't test that the port actually works for what we need it to do.

I have to have my script test the functionality of the port, not just that it answers.

Thanks for everyone's help. I have what I need to get done what I need.

Paul Root    - Senior Engineer
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly