[Xymon] network hiccups causing false positives to be sent

Tom S tsztur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:48:44 CET 2012

So our crappy server host (1and1) seems to be getting random network spikes
causing false alert emails to be sent out with Critical notifications.
I understand I can set alerts.cfg to only alert after a certain duration of
red but we need notifications to be sent right away in case of production
downtime.

Is there an option where I can have XYMON ping a certain host, and if that
host is unreachable to ignore any other alerts?
eg.  I can run a ping on yahoo.com and example.com , if either of those as
any connection issues, to ignore all other alerts for the time being?

tia.