[Xymon] XyMon installed in RHEL6

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Tue Jan 17 23:49:47 CET 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Josh Luthman wrote:

> Try this guide, it's easy to compile and I don't think anyone is
> keeping up with Xymon packages.
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Administration_Guide/Compiling_on_CentOS

Nor does it appear there anyone keeping up with that page.

For starters it still talks about hobbit and Centos5.1.

There are several people doing Xymon rpms including a spec file in the Xymon
makefile.

Getting rpms correct is not an easy thing to do but if you are installing on
multiple systems it is the only sane way to do it. If you want to see a lot
of the problems, run rpmlint against them.

I have rpms that are a work in progress @
http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRPMS/

There is still some brokenness in them, especially with respect to the selinux
parts, so use them at your own risk.

I am open to suggestions to improve them.

Hope this helps.

Tom			me at tdiehl.org		Spamtrap address	 		me123 at tdiehl.org