[Xymon] File Monitoring

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Jan 10 20:08:33 CET 2012

Well it should be client-local.cfg not client.local.cfg.  and it isn't a per machine definition, it's a platform definition. You'd want something like:

[linux]
File:/mnt/fs/test

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Jamison Maxwell
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:31 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] File Monitoring

I am trying to monitor a file, this file is located at /mnt/fs/test, however, when I configure it in client-local.cfg and analysis.cfg I still get the "No Files Checked" message with a clear status.  Is there something I'm missing here?

analysis.cfg:
HOST=hostname.domain.com
        FILE /mnt/fs/test SIZE>1 COLOR=red

client.local.cfg:
HOST=hostname.domain.com
        file:/mnt/fs/test

I have other entries, such as LOG configured under this host, and they work fine, but just this file test.

Any help is appreciated,
Jamison Maxwell

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication