[Xymon] Adding a graph to test status view

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jan 6 00:29:52 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:

> I think the most correct way to do this is to edit hobbitcgi.cfg (or
> cgioptions.cfg) and add the option:
>
> --multigraphs=,disk,inode,qtree,quotas,snapshot,TblSpace,if_load,fans

Yes, but what if I want graphs on only some fans and not others.  It's
really useful to be able to decide whether to have a graph, and if so,
the format (multi- or not), from the Devmon template that parses and
reports the data.  I'd hate to lose this feature.

> From my reading of htmllog.c, I can't see why adding the linecount=2 works,
> it should only work for a test in multigraphs ...

And yet it works.  From reading the code, I came to the same
conclusion as you.  But I doubted my ability to read code accurately,
and so I tried it.  To my delight, it worked.

Also, I get graphs on my "if_err" status page, even though it's not
defined in "multigraphs".  So obviously multigraphs is not required.
Xymon seems to add "linecount" and this causes the graph(s) to appear.
 (Actually, Xymon adds the wrong value for "linecount" in my case, so
I get 3 broken if_err graphs after 9 good ones, but I'm not concerned
about that right now.)

Cheers
Jeremy