[Xymon] Adding a graph to test status view

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Jan 4 06:19:03 CET 2012

Can anyone tell me how to get a graph onto a test status page?

I have a devmon template that monitors fan speed and creates a "fans"
status page.  Because the OIDs are leaf nodes, I have to construct a
table myself.  This is all working.  Having added "fans=devmon" to
"TEST2RRD", I now have RRD files named fans.FanSpeed1.rrd,
fans.FanSpeed2.rrd and so on.

I've added "fans" to "GRAPHS", and created a graphs.cfg definition for
"[fans]", and so the graphs appear on the trends page.

The man page for xymonserver.cfg describes TEST2RRD, and states:

  "This is also used by the svcstatus.cgi(1) script to determine if
the detailed status view of a test should include a graph."

So it would seem that by declaring "fans=devmon" in "TEST2RRD", I
should now be getting the graphs of fan speed on the test status page.
 But I get nothing.  There must be something else I'm missing.

Cheers
Jeremy