[Xymon] No RRD file created

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Tue Feb 28 23:35:53 CET 2012

I wanted to update the list on this for the record.

I figured out that the problem was the format of the text on the test page.
It *looked* ok, but with an html developer window up I could see it was
different from one that was working. The difference was the presence of
double quotes around the text in the working version. So I used the working
script as a template for the new one and it started working. The main
difference was that (in the non-working version) I was appending the
contents of a file with `cat` to the line that was being sent to the xymon
server. By embedding the text directly rather than doing the cat it started
working.

Thanks,
Steve

--
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way. -Juan Ramon Jimenez,
poet, Nobel Prize in literature (1881-1958)

I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I
prayed with my legs. -Frederick Douglass, Former slave, abolitionist,
editor, and orator (1817-1895)