[Xymon] Frequency of monitoring

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Feb 8 20:54:15 CET 2012

On Wed, February 8, 2012 8:41 am, Sridhar.Adapalli at hhsc.state.tx.us wrote:
> Hi
> I am running Hobbit 4.2.  I am trying to configure the frequency at which
> the data is collected for entities such as cpu, memory, ping, etc.  Can
> someone let me know how to do this?
>
> Thanks
> -- Sridhar

cpu/memory/disk/procs tests are generated by the server (almost)
immediately after each "client" report from the clients; that frequency is
controlled by the client itself. Look for an "INTERVAL" line in the
[client] stanza in one of the ./etc/ files and adjust according.

Ping tests, other network tests, and other checks are fired off by the
server. I believe that was the etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg file in 4.2, but I
might be mistaken.

HTH,
-jc