[Xymon] Monitoring HTTPS sites

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Dec 19 18:59:26 CET 2012

You need openssl-devel installed. You may need to recompile or reinstall Xymon after you add it.

-----Original Message-----
From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Jewel Makda
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:24 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Monitoring HTTPS sites

I am running version 4.3.5
When I run xymonnet --version I don't get any SSL libraries - just my version.
I would like to be able to monitor some https sites but when I add the urls to the hosts.cfg file it fails.  I am running the web console for my Xymon server over https.  I am a newbie to linux so responses could be dummied down it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-- Jewel