[Xymon] Troubleshooting

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at umdnj.edu
Tue Dec 11 18:24:41 CET 2012

pcretest helps one to test whether or not they're on track with their
regex's (and Perl-compatible is the type of regex used here). It's
been awhile since I used it, but I believe you type a string you're
looking for and then enter the regex and it will tell you if it matches.

Incidentally, your opening message wasn't terribly clear -- I skipped
it 'cuz I wasn't sure what it meant.

On 12/11/2012 12:06 PM, Chris.Morris at rwe.com wrote:
> Do you want to match just "error" or error, Error and ERROR - it
> is down to the regexp used in analysis.cfg provided you are
> monitoring the log in client-local.cfg.
>
> %error wuill match all instances.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com
> [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Nick Pettefar Sent:
> 11 December 2012 16:44 To: xymon Subject: [Xymon] Troubleshooting
>
> We are not getting alerts for the word "error" appearing in
> /var/adm/messages.  How would we go about troubleshooting this?
>
> Regards,

The information contained in this email is intended only for the