[Xymon] Reasons to upgrade

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 29 19:31:41 CEST 2012

On Wed, August 29, 2012 11:41, Richard Crane wrote:
> I'm currently running  version 4.2.3 on a small (35 host) network, mostly
> Linux, with a few Mac OS X and one Windows host.  What am I missing out on
> by not upgrading? I  am not experiencing any problems (that I know about!)

I'll leave it to others to call out the innovations that they find most
helpful.  I'm running 4.2.3 still, in an environment of similar scale to
yours, and I'm still happy as to features. I have the impression that most
of the new stuff matters more in larger-scaled environments.

One reason I'm still on 4.2.3 is that 4.3 renames a lot of folders/files,
and when I did the upgrade on a testbed I think I overlooked some of
Henrik's pre-upgrade doc and spent a few hours running around fixing
things manually.  Have not had time to build another 4.2.3 test setup to
run back through the upgrade.