[Xymon] Perl client without xymon client. (OPEN)

oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com
Thu Aug 9 15:17:14 CEST 2012

Is there anyone that have made a perl module or subroutine for sending to a xymon-server without having to install the xymon client?
On some node it is difficult to install a client. Some vendors are very afraid of having things installed on "their" equipment, and the os might be stripped down with no compilers and so on.
For sending to xymon I guess all you need is a simple socket connections so I expect that this has been done many times already.
Anyone who would like to share?

/ Øyvind