[Xymon] iostat for Linux

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 11:40:52 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 08:12 +0800, Colin Coe wrote:

> One of the common things I really don't like is the modification of
> the TEST2RRD variable within xymonserver.cfg.  My guess is this is
> unavoidable but it means manually handling after xymon upgrades and I
> have more than enough to do now than worry about manual steps after
> software upgrades.

Hello,

Whenever I have reinstalled Xymon, I have not had to modify the config
files again at all. They are all left as they were, with backup copies
being made (named 'xxx.bak'). The only things I do following
reinstallation is to change the ownership of the server/etc/xymonpasswd
file to that of the web server username, and remove the '.bak' files
(although that is obviously not essential).

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001