[Xymon] Another weirdness - RRD info has gaps

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Sat Aug 4 00:05:56 CEST 2012

comments at the bottom
From: Betsy Schwartz [betsy.schwartz at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 2:42 PM
To: Tim McCloskey
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Another weirdness - RRD info has gaps

n Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Tim McCloskey <tm at freedom.com> wrote:
> I've seen this before but I don't remember the exact cause, I just remember that working on rrd stuff tended to add gray hair.  Do both of these graphs have essentially the same rrd configs?  If the foo.rrd files do not contain the detail for the tests I would truncate foo.rrd, and recheck my [foo] graph stanza. (rather, save a copy off foo.rrd first)

It's got *some* data but it's got gaps. I dropped the test, erased the
RRD file and put it back, and I am *still* seeing gaps.

I swear my two tests are getting the exact same info:

push( @rtmstats,
" \n Total : $totalcnt \n Success : $success \n TempErrors :
$temperror\n OtherErrors : $othererror  \n TotalErrors : $totalerror
\n PercentFailure : $failure%   \n"
);
push ( @bbdata, at rtmstats);
push ( @bbdata,< SNIP lots of other stuff>);

my $bbcmd =  "$XYMON $XYMSRV 'status+12h $MACHINE.$TESTNAME  $color
$date @bbdata \n'";
system("$bbcmd");
print $bbcmd;

$bbcmd =  "$XYMON $XYMSRV 'status+12h $MACHINE.rtmstats green  $date
@rtmstats \n'";
system("$bbcmd");
print $bbcmd;

1. Do both of these graphs have essentially the same rrd configs?

2. This would fail to provide any data if $TESTNAME did not expand, so I don't think that's it.  Still, these two statements are glued together in different ways.