[Xymon] iostat - how?

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 06:27:30 CEST 2012

What are you trying to monitor?
Check here http://www.xymonton.org/monitors
There is a diskstat.ksh which will graph disk IO on Solaris, and
diskstat.pl was
created to do the same thing for Linux.
I am sure you could adapt either of those to monitor any output from the
iostat command.

Regards
     Vernon

On 2 August 2012 04:39, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 22:29 +0200, Henrik Størner wrote:
> >
> > The iostat code in Xymon hasn't really been working well. The format of
> > the data coming in from the various iostat-implementations in the
> > operating systems have changed over time, and Xymon just hasn't kept up
> > with those changes.
> >
> > It is something that needs to be looked at sometime ... for now, don't
> > assume that it is working.
> >
> > Sorry :-(
> >
> No problem, and thanks for the very quick reply! :-)
>
> I'll see about setting up an external script for the clients.
>

> John.
>
> --
> John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
> Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton