[Xymon] Master slave configuration

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Apr 20 20:25:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have 2 xymon servers that watch the same networks and servers from 2
geographically diverse locations. The idea is that if one of the servers
looses connectivity I will get notified from the other system.

This seems to almost work OK, except both servers send ALL of the client
data they have to the other server.

If I click on the xymond icon I see things under Multi-source statuses like
system1:smtp reported by 172.25.1.2 and 192.168.0.2.

Can someone tell me how to configure the xymon servers to only send client
data about themselves to the other server? I would like each server to run
and report only its own test results.

Is this documented somewhere? My Google foo has not worked very well wrt this
question.

Tom Diehl       tdiehl at rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com