[Xymon] TS - sendmail HOWTO?

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Wed Apr 18 01:40:56 CEST 2012

You probably want to use procmail. Have the incoming emails be addressed
to the xymon user, then setup a .procmailrc file in that user's home
directory to filter out the messages of interest, then it can pass them
to a shell script for parsing. Procmail will pipe the email to your
script on delivery of the email, your script can then feed stuff into
xymon.

Here is a nice procmail tutorial:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~ian/procmail.html

You'll need to setup sendmail to use procmail as the local processor
(if it isn't already) - it has been too long for me regarding sendmail,
I've been using postfix for years..

This works quite well, I used to have this running for email feeds from
one of our former ISPs.

cheers, Phil

>>> On 18/04/2012 at 5:04 AM, in message
<56D73117EB0D8C4B96175223CB27D29A5BB8D8 at SLXCG02.csw.l-3com.com>,