[Xymon] Thought Process for Xymon Page Layout - Sanity Check

Jamison Maxwell jamison at newasterisk.com
Thu Apr 5 01:31:07 CEST 2012

Currently, I'm with a rather small company with one site.  So, my page layout is pretty simple.  There are pages for production, development, network, storage, and external(DMZ).  In production systems Unix boxes are all together, we have few compared to Windows, and Windows boxes are separated by function, i.e. database, file, web, email.  Other pages are much the same way.  The only reason I separate Unix from Windows, though, is because I think that putting the Unix stuff, which uses certain columns, and the Windows stuff, which bbwin gives certain columns is ugly because of the empty test columns.  I use group-compress.

Previously, I was with a rather large employer.  At that company, there were pages for sites, and then subpages like described above.

Jamison Maxwell
Jamison at newasterisk.com<mailto:Jamison at newasterisk.com>