[Xymon] [Xymon 4.3.7] bad imaps check

David AGBO dagbo at kernix.com
Wed Apr 4 18:42:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have installed Xymon 4.3.7 on Centos 5.8 x64. Before that, I have
installed it on a RHEL 5.6, everything worked fine until I tried to
check an imaps server. The Xymon on RHEL is OK, and it grab the ssl
certificate, but on the Centos, it displays a yellow error, with the
message "Service imaps on my_server is not OK : Unexpected service
response", and of course don't see the certificate.
The only difference (except the system) is that I've compiled a RPM for
the Centos system.

When I test imaps with openssl on both systems (openssl s_client
-connect my_server:993 -ssl3) the result is * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1
LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.

Could someone tell me what is the problem?

Best regards,

David AGBO