[Xymon] Not able to add any hosts to xymon

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Thu Sep 8 18:48:38 CEST 2011

Hi -- If I understand this correctly; you are just adding a windows client (bbwin) and it's not appearing in the web display.  You don't need to restart anything for this to work (except the bbwin client software needs to be running on the windows box if you want data other than ping, network tests).

A couple of points, first you really need to isolate your install.  You can use the 'fuser' command or just ps -eaf (ps auxwww...) to see the path to your install.  There are plenty of other ways too, to each his/her own.  Second, check the Ghost Clients screen from the Reports menu bar to see if it provides some clues.

You should see the new host entry (your windows server) appear in the web display within about 5 minutes, be patient.  If it's not there, chances are you did not edit the right file.  If the entry is there, and it just displays ping, info, trends then make sure the client is running on the windows server and make sure that the windows server can speak to the xymon server via tcp to port 1984.

Good luck!