[Xymon] problem with SVC in client_config.c maybe?

greg.shea at emc.com greg.shea at emc.com
Fri Sep 2 19:27:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,

There's definitely a problem and I think it's in client_config.c but not sure how to fix it.
Xymon 4.3.4 server, using BBWin 0.12 in central mode to monitor Windows services, I have in analysis.cfg:

HOST=%.*-ni[1-3]
        SVC     NetWitness_Informer_Service startup=automatic status=started color=yellow

On the webpage I get:

Fri Sep 02 13:24:54 2011 - Services OK
NetWitness_Informer_Service is stopped/automatic - want started/automatic

Name                                StartupType  Status         DisplayName

NetWitness_Informer_Service         automatic    started        NetWitness Informer Service

The problem is stopped/automatic, should be started/automatic and I think it's in the           case C_SVC:
block around line 3419 in client_config.c   Anyone know how to fix it?  There's too many '->', I feel like
I should be out hunting :)

Thanks
Greg Shea
EMC Corporation