[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.5 restart for adding host

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Fri Oct 21 18:12:10 CEST 2011

I don't seem to have that issue.  When I add hosts, no restart is required.  It many not be true for newer versions but I recall the only thing needing a restart was an edit to the (hobbit|xymon)server.cfg.  If you are deleting the tmp files (*.chk) I can see the maint alerts change from blue to red.

Others, wiser and running more current versions will chime in, but waht happens if you just add a new host to the host.cfg file and wait some 7 minutes without restarting?  Does it show up?

Good Luck,
Tim