[Xymon] Success

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:22:38 CEST 2011

Hi Jeremy

First of all, let me know if you ever visit london and the beers are on me.

I can see the initial xymon page :))) I can finally start adding hosts now and
use it.

I removed the entries from the apache-config file and copied the
xymon-apache.conf to etc/httpd/conf.d.

Restarted apache then typed servername/xymon and it worked.

When I copied xymon-apache.conf the file was already in /etc/httpd/conf.d
because I was prompted to overwrite it.
I don't know what I was doing wrong before. I guess I messed up the
apache-config file and not knowing much about it I
couldn't understand what was going on but since I am planning to use xymon I
should find some apache information and try to understand what each line means
and does.

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation to my posts and for the
HowTo's.

Many thanks
Yanni

I removed entries from http.conf andNo, don't add the include directive.  After
removing the configuration
> entries from httpd.conf, simply copy the file into conf.d.  For
> example:
>   cp /opt/xymon/server/etc/xymon-apache.conf /etc/httpd/conf.d/

/etc/httpd/conf.d/