[Xymon] Acknowledgment Authentication

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Oct 12 18:09:28 CEST 2011

You would remove the auth stuff out of the Apache config that came from the xymon-apache.conf file.

However, I wouldn't think that would be a good thing to do. You lose any logging trail of who turned off an alarm.

Alerts would get lost and not dealt with.

At the very least, you should make a common user for people to log into to acknowledge and disable. That way you'll get the IP address of the person that did the ack/disable.

Paul Root    - Engineer III  - Qwest is now CenturyLink

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Jamison Maxwell
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:15 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Acknowledgment Authentication

Forgive me for asking what is probably a simple question, but Unix is not my major skill set.  How does one turn off authentication for acknowledging alerts?

Jamison Maxwell
p. 770 605 6653
jamison at newasterisk.com<mailto:jamison at newasterisk.com>

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication