[Xymon] How to setup msgs and file column ?

Thomas.Weber at ses.com Thomas.Weber at ses.com
Tue Oct 11 15:17:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am looking for some help due to a problem with the msgs and file column.
For some reason I do not get any entry in the msgs or file column.
Mainly having no msgs is really a problem for me.

On the client (RH Linux 5, XYMON client 4.2.2) in localclient.cfg I have:

                                :
DEFAULT
                                :
                                :
        FILE /var/log/messages SIZE>0 MTIME<600 yellow

        LOG /var/log/messages WARNING COLOR=yellow
        LOG /var/log/messages ERROR COLOR=red
                                :
                                :

On the server (XYMON version 4.3.4, running on Solaris 10) in
client_local.cfg I have:
  :
  :
[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK
  :
  :
[servername]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
trigger WARNING|ERROR
  :
  :

I checked that the client has access rights to read the /var/log/messages
file.

On the Webpage I get only "The client did not report any logfile data"

Is there anything I miss ?
Or do msgs work only in the centralized mode ?

Thanks for any help.

                Thomas