[Xymon] RFE: message encryption

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:26:32 CEST 2011

I would second that.  I'm hoping to have Xymon approved at work, but we have
to comply with DoD *and* PCI standards.  We're not supposed to have
unencrypted data moving across the network.

At present, I have a work-around.  Instead of using bin/xymon to send
messages, I'm using curl to post the message file to
https://server.domain.com/xymon/upload.php.  On the server side, the
upload.php script simply drops the message file into xymon's incoming
stream, just as if it were delivered over the net by bin/xymon.

The client side has the server's CA cert to validate the connection and the
data flow is encrypted in transit.  I could use client certificates as well.

Ralph Mitchell