[Xymon] Graphing a percentage

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Nov 30 18:08:43 CET 2011

Hi,
        We have a test watching our HP NA server and its attempts at taking a snapshot of all the customer routers. And I'd like a graph of the percentage of them up to date.

        The data looks something like this:

Snapshot Frequency - Target: 1 day(s)

 9940:  Total Devices. (should be > 8000)
 138:   Age of most recent attempt in minutes.
 0.7:   Average age of attempts in days.
 1.3:   Age of oldest attempt in days.

 Current : 69.0%
  6856 devices have current snapshot attempts.
 0.0% of devices (0) have no attempts (threshold: 5%).
 yellow  31.0% of devices (3085) have past due attempts (threshold: 10%).

I just changed it to give me the NCV for the percentage. However, I could change the output to whatever to get the desired result.

This is what I've defined so far:

xymonserver.cfg:TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,ops,stats,cifs,JVM,JMS,HitCache,Session,JDBCConn,ExecQueue,JTA,TblSpace,RollBack,MemReq,InvObj,snapmirr,snaplist,snapshot=ncv,if_load=devmon,temp=devmon,paging,mdc,mdchitpct,cics,dsa,getvis,maxuser,nparts,xymongen,xymonnet,xymonproxy,xymond,nfmsgw=ncv"

GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,clock,lines,ops,stats,cifs,JVM,JMS,HitCache,Session,JDBCConn,ExecQueue,JTA,TblSpace,RollBack,MemReq,InvObj,snapmirr,snaplist,snapshot,devmon::1,if_load::1,temp,paging,mdc,mdchitpct,cics,dsa,getvis,maxuser,nparts,xymongen,xymonnet,xymonproxy,xymond"

NCV_snapshot="Current:GAUGE"

And I restarted the xymon server. But I'm not seeing an rrd file.

Any ideas?

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly