[Xymon] Integrating Xymon into IBM Netcool/OMNIbus

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Tue Nov 29 18:22:30 CET 2011

Hi Carl,

I can try to answer 1/2 of the query.  I had/have no access to NetCool and don't know what OMNIbus is so I hope this helps.  In order to send alerts to NetCool in a distant data center I set up rsyslog, on multiple hobbit servers.  We were limited to using snmp or syslog and rsyslog allowed me to peak at text files generated by hobbit.  The setup was pretty simple, I only monitor the notifications.log file though.

It's been a while so I don't remember all of the details but I'll look at the config files today to see if I notice anything significant or tricky.

Tim