[Xymon] Web inerface for xymon alerts

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 20:34:30 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM, akshar bhosale <akshar.bhosale at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have xymon-4.2.2 and we are monitoring over 70 servers using xymon; Is
> there any web plugin available for managing hobbit-alerts fil because
> everytime i have to manually edit the file even for single service .
> Is there any remedy for this?
> thanks..
> Akshar

Would be nice. But, as far as I know nothing like that exists. I saw a
reference many years ago to a webmin module for hobbit, but I never
investigated it.

Even better would be a web interface that would handle configuration of
*all* the config files at the same time. I.e. a *unified* configuration
interface. It would be pretty complicated, though, and might necessitate
constraints on your ability to make subtle configuration changes. Such is
life with a gui.

BTW, there are admins monitoring thousands of servers with Xymon and
managing to do configuration changes using VI. So, it can be done.
Personally, I'm only doing about 600 or so.

Steve Holmes
Purdue University

--
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way. -Juan Ramon Jimenez,
poet, Nobel Prize in literature (1881-1958)

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)