[Xymon] Can't compile appfeed

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Nov 10 15:18:01 CET 2011

I have 4.3.4 on CentOS 5.7, and plugging in the new web sub-directory, I get this:

$ make appfeed
cc     appfeed.c   -o appfeed
appfeed.c:21:22: error: libxymon.h: No such file or directory
appfeed.c: In function 'parse_query':
appfeed.c:37: error: 'cgidata_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:37: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
appfeed.c:37: error: for each function it appears in.)
appfeed.c:37: error: 'cgidata' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:38: error: 'cwalk' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c: In function 'main':
appfeed.c:84: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
appfeed.c:89: error: 'sendreturn_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:89: error: 'sres' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:103: error: 'debug' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:120: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
appfeed.c:125: error: 'XYMON_TIMEOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:126: error: 'XYMONSEND_OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:133: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
appfeed.c:159: error: 'critconf_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:159: error: 'cfg' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:164: error: 'CRITCONF_TIMEFILTER' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:171: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
appfeed.c:172: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:174: error: 'WEB_ACC_VIEW' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:178: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:179: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:180: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:181: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:182: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:183: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:184: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:185: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
appfeed.c:186: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
make: *** [appfeed] Error 1

So I tried to specifically tell it of include locations:

ptroot stnxym1:~/src/xymon/xymon-4.3.4/web
$ cc -I ../include -I ../lib appfeed.c -o appfeed
appfeed.c: In function 'main':
appfeed.c:174: error: 'WEB_ACC_VIEW' undeclared (first use in this function)
appfeed.c:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
appfeed.c:174: error: for each function it appears in.)

I don't see WEB_ACC_VIEW anywhere.

Any help?

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly