[Xymon] Can xymon do an ISP speed test

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:17:10 CET 2011

Do you have a server at the far end of your bonded T1s??  You could grab a
file from it, something like this:

SPEED=`curl -s -S -o /dev/null -w '%{speed_download}'
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mosaic_640x480c/SIR/inmaSIRVA_.gif`

then test the SPEED value against your maximum acceptable time and report
red/green as appropriate.

Ralph Mitchell