[Xymon] minor bug report

Brand, Thomas R. Thomas.Brand at CVSCaremark.com
Mon Nov 7 17:06:12 CET 2011

It would be nice to be able to fix it in one location; however, the script that generates the
 data [hobbitclient-linux.sh] runs on the client so it has to be fixed there.

Without this change on the client side, the correct information does not get to the server
so there isn't anything to 'fix' on the server side.

NB: I had to make this change on 7300 clients  . . . )

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Larry Barber
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 10:13 AM
To: Scott Pfister
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] minor bug report

Since this report is parsed on the server (we're using "centralized" configuration), I don't think the client version makes a difference. The server is 4.3.3. I'm not sure what the client is, I didn't install it and there is not an obvious way of determining what version it is. That it dates from the "Hobbit" days is all I can tell by looking at it.

I could use the perl scriptlet, but I'm monitoring a couple hundred of these boxes, I would rather fix it in once in a centralized location. Also, shouldn't this scriptlet go in the "top" section?

Thanks,
Larry Barber