[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Nov 4 16:12:01 CET 2011

On 04-11-2011 13:21, Darrik Mazey wrote:

> Those look like they should do nicely!

Good.

> Is the "cookie" field what is used in the ack form as Number_X, in
> order to post acks?

Yes.

> Also, any chance we can get AckedBy as a separate field?

It's not stored inside Xymon as separate data, but since the format is
usually defined by the Xymon ack-tools, it shouldn't be a problem to
split this out in a separate <AckedBy> property. I'll get that done over
the weekend.

> I'm going to implement support for this now, with an option to
> select critical or non-green views.

Could you possibly add a text entry field which is sent along with the
web request as "filter" ? E.g. if I set this field to "page=servers",
then you'll request
"http://www.xymon.com/cgi-bin/appfeed.sh?filter=page=servers"

This is because I want to be able to pull data using a different filter
than the default "color=red,yellow,purple" when fetching data from
xymond via the "xymondboard" command. E.g. if I want to see all the
critical hosts, but only for the hosts that are on the "servers"
subpage, I can add a "page=servers" and I'll only get the hosts that are
on that page - and it would be really cool for some of my users to do
that, because we've grouped all hosts managed by a particular group on
different pages.

There are some issues about this interface when it comes to security -
there is currently no access control possible except an "all/none"
switch - you can either see any host that Xymon monitors, or you cannot
see anything at all. That is a problem with all the Xymon CGI tools,
really. It isn't something that this app should be concerned with, it
must be solved on the Xymon server.