[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri Nov 4 12:23:22 CET 2011

On Wednesday, 2 November 2011 23:32:42 Henrik Størner wrote:
> Hi Darrik,
>
> this is very nice - I was hoping someone would come up with an Android
> app for Xymon.
>
> I cannot get the swipe to work on my Sony-Ericsson Xperia Mini, though.
> It just doesn't do anything.
>
> One thing I'd really like to see was if it could use the "critical
> systems" instead of the "all non-green" page for data. I understand that
> parsing data off the webpage is problematic, and I am sure we can find
> better ways of feeding this data to an application. And perhaps that
> would be the easiest way to make your app work with different datasets -
> agreeing on a standard (probably XML) way of exporting the data, and
> then having the Xymon server generate this with the data that would
> either go on the non-green page, or the critical systems page, or
> perhaps just data on any given page in the web UI (I have some folks who
> would love to check just their little corner of Xymon via a Smartphone
> app).

or via a different web interface.

But, besides exposing (for example) the current *xboard and *xlog functions,
more functionality is required to present data in the organisation used by the
'main view' (while the page is accessible, I believe grouping isn't).

Also, ideally the data being access should be filtered by what the
authenticated user is authorized to see.

Regards,
Buchan