[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Nov 3 07:43:29 CET 2011

On 03-11-2011 02:06, Darrik Mazey wrote:
> On 11/02/2011 05:32 PM, Henrik Størner wrote:
>> I cannot get the swipe to work on my Sony-Ericsson Xperia Mini, though.
>> It just doesn't do anything.
>
> That is unfortunate.  I will maybe enable a long-press option on items
> as well.

Swipe works on this phone, there's just no response to it in the Xymon
app. Perhaps because this is running Android 2.3 ?

>> One thing I'd really like to see was if it could use the "critical
>> systems" instead of the "all non-green" page for data.
>
> Critical systems is already planned.  Started with non-green simply
> because I don't monitor enough systems to use the critical systems page.

My situation is the opposite - I monitor too many systems for the "All
non-green" page to be of any use.

I still think it would be a good idea to have Xymon and your app talk
together using a simpler, more standard interface than parsing the HTML
output from the webpage. That would also make it much easier to support
different types of pages, like the critical systems page, or just a
single sub-page somewhere inside the Xymon page-tree - they would all
provide data in the same format, so your app would auto-magically work
with any page, allowing the user to pick any page they want to check.