[Xymon] Configuring Devmon for the first time

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Tue May 31 08:17:12 CEST 2011

Josh,
> That probably makes more sense then to use Lynx, good idea.
>
> What's with the "x" in the variable?

If for some reason $COL is the null string, the test doesn't work. Add
an "x" in front to be sure.
> Would you mind telling me what values you used for date?

It's just adding a timestamp to the log file. See "man date"

$ date "+%x %X restarting purple devmon"
31/05/2011 16:16:04 restarting purple devmon

David.

--
david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617