[Xymon] Feature request for log test

Storer, Raymond storerr at nibco.com
Tue May 10 16:30:29 CEST 2011

So, on Windows, for example, are you suggesting some sort of mapping where if the event source = "Service Control Manager" then that is a general service related thing where you'd send a generic services status message to Xymon. However, if the event source = "MySql" then you could send a status message specifically concerning MySql.

Is that the gist of this?

I haven't seen many programs take advantage of it, but application programmers can also create their own event logs, separate from the standard three in Windows.

Ray