[Xymon] Experience: Monitoring Oracle via Xymon?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Mon May 9 19:09:48 CEST 2011

There is also more than one script, if I'm not mistaken, on Deadcat.net
for Big Brother (which I can tell you works fine with Xymon).

Here is a sample of the output:

Mon May 9 13:07:59 EDT 2011 Oracle test on "MYPROD": OK

   =============== Oracle Instance Check ================

   green Instances specified in ORACLE_SIDS (MYPROD) match those found
in /var/opt/oracle/oratab

   =================== Oracle Listener ===================

   green Listener UP

   =================== Oracle Listener Info ===================

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on 09-MAY-2011 13:07:57

Copyright (c) 1991, 2006, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Message 1053 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1020 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1021 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1022 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1023 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1026 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1034 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1024 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1025 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1040 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1033 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1028 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1415 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNS  Message 1050 not found; No message file for
product=network, facility=TNS
  Message 1050 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
Message 1029 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSMessage 1411 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNS
  Message 1408 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
Message 1411 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
  Message 1408 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
Message 1052 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS

TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on
09-MAY-2011 13:07:57

Copyright (c) 1997, 2006, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Message 3511 not found; No message file for product=network,
facility=TNSTNS-03505: Message 3505 not found; No message file for
product=network, facility=TNS

   =================== MYPROD Check ===================
   green Paranoid test: Database MYPROD is up.
    Oracle Users in MYPROD:       36

   ============= MYPROD Tablespace Check ================
   green Tablespace MYPROD:UPORTAL totals 500.0Mb and is 28% used.
   green Tablespace MYPROD:UNDO_RBS totals 500.0Mb and is 28% used.
   green Tablespace MYPROD:SYSTEM totals 500.0Mb and is 47% used.
   green Tablespace MYPROD:SYSAUX totals 500.0Mb and is 42% used.
   green Tablespace MYPROD:LUMINIS totals 500.0Mb and is 10% used.

   ============= MYPROD Extent Check ================
   green No objects are exceeding 60%. Extent test ok.

   ============== Oracle Shadow Processes ===============

   green Database MYPROD does not have shadow entries
   clear LDAP Monitor tests disabled
   clear LDAP Process tests disabled
   clear LDAP Port tests disabled